Picard Season 2 Beams Down This October
Good news for fans of Star Trek: Picard! Already available to stream in much of the world, Season 2 of the show will be physically beaming into homes on 4 October, with the release of the DVD, Blu-ray, and limited edition Blu-ray Steelbook.
As well as featuring all ten episodes in this season, the release will contain over an hour of special features. These will include deleted scenes and a gag reel, as well as several featurettes, which were described in the associated press release on StarTrek.com. The details of the featurettes are as follows:
- THE U.S.S. STARGAZER – The featurette takes a deep dive into the creation of the U.S.S. Stargazer from conception to build out and features exclusive timelapse photography alongside Production Designer Dave Blass, who brought the original TNG art department onboard, including the famed Star Trek graphic artist Michael Okuda, and design artists Doug Drexler and John Eaves to recreate the latest U.S.S. Stargazer.
- THE CHATEAU – Led by Production Designer Dave Blass and Prop Master Jeff Lombardi, the featurette explores the transition of Picard’s chateau following its redesign and conversion to the Dataverse in season one.
- THE TRIAL IS OVER – The intimate, behind-the-scenes look connects fans with John de Lancie who reprises his role as Q, playing a significant part in the season two story arc.
- REBUILDING THE BORG QUEEN – The featurette showcases actress Annie Wersching as she discusses stepping into the role of the Borg Queen. After 25 years, the iconic character returns through advanced design and production techniques, which are further discussed by Designer Neville Page, Prosthetics Master Vincent Van Dyke and Make-Up Department Head James MacKinnon.
- PICARD PROPS – Property Master Jeff Lombardi takes fans on a tour that showcases the various props created for Star Trek: Picard – Season Two.
- PICARD PASSAGES – Alongside cast and crew, fans will follow the heroes from Star Trek: Picard through time and space as they encounter old and new friends, as well as challenges, in the latest season.
The Season 2 DVD will feature standard-definition widescreen presentation, with 5.1 Dolby Digital and 5.1 Dolby Surround audio, along with English subtitles. Alternatively, the Blu-ray releases will contain English 5.1 DTS-HD master audio and French 5.1 Dolby Digital audio, with English and French subtitles.
Those without a streaming service to watch this season, as well as those of us who can’t wait to own a physical copy of it, will naturally be itching to get their hands on a copy as soon as it becomes available. In the meantime, the Blu-ray Steelbook can already be pre-ordered here.
So, what are you waiting for? Make it so!